Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Large Dogs
- 5.00 (in)
- 1.60 (in)
- 5.00 (in)
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
Whatever your dog brings home, it shouldn't be fleas and ticks.
Dogs will be dogs. Whether they get into the garbage can out back or dig up that old shoe in the yard, Seresto® for dogs can help keep them protected from fleas and ticks for 8 continuous months. The innovative Sustained Release Technology of Seresto® provides effective flea and tick protection in an easy-to-apply, non-greasy collar.
Truly unique technology for your dog.
Seresto® is a unique polymer matrix collar that offers a continuous supply of two active ingredients: imidacloprid and flumethrin for effective 8-month protection against fleas and ticks. That's one convenient, non-greasy, odorless flea and tick collar instead of 8 monthly treatments.
The active ingredients are stored within the collar. They are released in low concentrations and are distributed over your dog's hair and skin surface for 8 months. As active ingredients wear off over time, Seresto® for dogs continuously replenishes the skin and coat with a new supply of active ingredients. Fleas and ticks are killed through contact with the active ingredients — no biting required.
For 8 months prevention and treatment of ticks, fleas and lice on large dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older and up to 18 lbs. (8kg):
- REPELS AND Kills fleas and ticks.
- Repels and kills ticks for 8 months, including Deer ticks (vector of Lyme disease and anaplasmosis), American dog ticks (vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever and ehrlichiosis), Brown dog ticks (vector of ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis, bartonellosis, canine hemoplasmosis, babesiosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever), and Lone Star ticks (vector of ehrlichiosis).
- Prevents tick infestations within 48 hours after application.
- Re-infesting ticks are repelled and/or killed as quickly as 6 hours.
- Treatment with Seresto kills fleas that may vector tapeworm infections (dipylidium caninum), bartonellosis (Bartonella vinsonii, Bartonella spp.), and rickettsiosis (Rickettsia felis), which are types of canine vector borne diseases.
- Re-infesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting8 months.
- Kills and repels fleas before they lay eggs.
- Seresto aids in control of flea larvae in the dog's surroundings following contact with a Seresto-treated dog.
- Kills chewing lice.
- Aids in the treatment and control of Sarcoptic mange on dogs.
- No need to remove collar when your pet goes swimming or gets bathed.
- Bayer Polymer Matrix ensures that both active ingredients are continuously released in low concentrations.
- Make sure to replace the collar after 8 months for year-round tick and flea prevention.
- Light reflector for added visibility in the evening and at night.
*Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. In order to maintain an eight-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to 5 months for flea control and reduced to 7 months for tick control.
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:||% By Weight|
*Trans Z-1/trans Z-2 ratio: max 66% trans Z-1 and min 34% trans Z-2
One collar per animal to be fastened around the neck. Remove collar from bag directly before use. Unroll collar and make sure that there no remnants from the plastic connectors inside the collar.
- Insert end of the collar through the buckle. Adjust the collar around the animal's neck without tightening it too tight or leaving it too loose.
- As a guide, it should be possible to only insert 2 fingers comfortably between the collar and the neck.
- Pull excess collar thru the loop(s). Collar length of greater that 1 inch (2cm) beyond the loop(s) should be cut off unless it is on a growing puppy, where some additional length may be needed for adjustment as the animal grows.
- After application of the collar, three reflector clips may be fixed permanently to the collar to increase the animal's visibility in the dark. Take the clips out of the bag. The clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar. The clips are correctly applied when a clicking sound is heard. For safety reasons once the reflectors are fixed to the collar the clasp closes permanently and cannot be re-opened.
The collar should be worn continuously for the 8 month protection period. Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially when puppies are rapidly growing. Rarely, mild application site reactions may occur, such as scratching, redness and hair loss, which usually recover within 1-2 weeks without the need for collar removal. In some cases, temporary collar removal and bathing may be recommended until symptoms have disappeared. In very rare cases, application site reactions, such as dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur. In these instances, immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
This collar is designed with a release mechanism. In the unlikely event of a dog being trapped, the dog's own strength is sufficient to widen the collar to allow for quick release. Replace the collar after 8 months for optimal tick and flea protection.
It is a violation of federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not contaminate feed or food.
Occasionally slight itching may be observed in animals that are not used to wearing collars in the first few days after fitting. ensure that the collar is not fitted too tightly. Slight hair loss and mild skin reactions due to the mechanical irritation of the collar may occur at the application site which usually recover within 1 or 2 weeks without the need for collar removal. For further guidance regarding individual animal sensitivities. In case of loss of collar, a new collar may be applied immediately. Do not attach a leash to the collar as this may cause breakage.
Keep the collar in the bag and in the outer packaging until use. As with any pesticide product, do not allow small children to play with the collar or reflectors, or to put them into their mouths. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and cold water after fitting the collar. People with sensitivity reactions to the ingredients of the collar should avoid contact with the collar. Choking hazard. Contains small parts. Do not place collar or reflectors in mouth. Not intended for use on humans.
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on other animals. Do not use on puppies under seven weeks of age. Do not get this product in dog's eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets.
The Bayer Polymer MAtrix System ensures that both active ingredients are slowly and continuously released in low concentrations from the collar towards the animal. This avoids peak concentrations and ensures that concentrations of both active ingredients are present in the dog's haircoat during the entire efficacy period. The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the entire skin surface.
When can I bathe my dog after application of Seresto® for dogs?
We recommend bathing BEFORE applying product. Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. In order to maintain an eight-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to 5 months for flea control and reduced to 7 months for tick control. There is no need to remove the collar for bathing. Please use a non-stripping, pet shampoo.
How often can I allow my dog to swim when using Seresto® for dogs?
Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to 5 months for flea control and reduced to 7 months for tick control. There is no need to remove the collar for swimming.
How often can I bathe my dog when using Seresto® for dogs?
- We recommend bathing BEFORE applying monthly product. The product can be applied once the pet is towel dried.
- We suggest using non-stripping shampoos that are specifically designed for use on pets.
- ‘Non-stripping’ shampoos are generally soap free formulations designed for general cleansing. Bayer makes a variety of shampoos that are non-stripping, general cleansing shampoos.
- Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. In order to maintain an eight-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. There is no need to remove the collar for bathing.